Friday, July 24, 2015

Product Review: Power Hypnosis: the Future of Hypnotic Sessions

Power Hypnosis: the Future of Hypnotic Sessions is a new book by stage and clinical hypnotist John Cerbone.

I have run into John a few times over the years, most recently when he gave a lecture/demo at the Greater NJ Chapter of the National Guild of Hypnotists this past spring. He has a funny and outgoing personality that serves him well as an entertainer and I thoroughly enjoyed his presentation there.

When I saw that he had published this new work I was intrigued as it promised a new spin on the art and science of clinical hypnosis. Always on the search for fresh ideas to enhance my practice and serve my clientele better, I figured it was worth chancing $20 on the digital download of the book.

I must say I was pleasantly surprised and have gained a number of new ideas that I could implement right away. In particular, I really like the idea of crafting "self-perpetuating" suggestions that can benefit the recipient beyond the initial issue he or she sought help with.

What if solving a challenge such as smoking or overeating continued on into the person becoming more able to reach his or her other goals in the future? Self-perpetuating suggestions make this a very real possibility.

In the book John shares a number of interesting personal anecdotes along with copious examples of suggestions he has created as well as the underlying concepts and insights as to the how and why of their specific wording.

Professional hypnotists know that the correct choice of language is paramount to creating successful hypnotic experiences for our clients and you can learn plenty from John's exuberant style.

I definitely recommend this book to my colleagues in the hypnosis profession, you can learn more at
http://hypnosisstageshow.com/power-hypnosis-the-future-of-hypnotic-sessions/








2 comments:

  1. I do want to learn hypnosis. I am curious about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omar, this online group might be able to point you in the right direction for your studies https://www.facebook.com/groups/ICBCH/

    ReplyDelete